Skip to main content

Future is here - Jio

Crystal ball gazing, anyone! Happening now.

Businesses sense opportunities well in time. And good businesses sense it even before most others.

While the talk is about shifting businesses to India post Covid-19 pandemic, smart businesses have sniffed what is already an opportunity but, probably, underestimated.

In the last few weeks, investments of Rs 1,17,588 cr (for a stake of 25.09%) in Jio Platforms and Rs 75,000 cr announcement by Google (almost US$ 25.7 billions put together) into the digital economy of India have been made/announced.

Perhaps, the ecosystem will develop faster if all stake holders, policy makers, educational institutes, edtech platforms, media etc, develop the talent pool and facilitate the process. India saw it's first 'J' curve moment with 'Y2K'. Is this the time to 'build' a second 'J' curve moment?

Every professional would do a great service to self by getting to know more about this fast growing ecosystem.

Remember the great words by late Dewang Mehta at India Internet World 2000. India needs roti, kapda, makaan and bandwidth. How right!

#itservices #businessahead #futureofbusiness #indianmaze #businessmaze #jioplatforms #googleindia

196-1-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should professional duty or personal preference prevail? Moral dilemma!

I had a very fruitful meeting for a possible new client. The project was interesting and there was keen interest by the potential client to use the services on offer. Sounds good, said my colleague. We should send a proposal for the engagement. I wasn't so sure. Project is interesting, fee may be decent as well but do I feel comfortable working with the client? A categorical NO emerged from within me. The interaction with client was emotionally challenging. I would have had to deal with am emotional conflict on the assignment with the client. I found it difficult to accept his style of operation. This was not a knee jerk reaction but thought through analysis. Professionally, it is the task that I commit to and should do the same. Personally I do not want to work with the individual. What do I do? I have declined the assignment but the question still remains. Is it fair? Is it just? Would a doctor take a decision to cure a patient based on liking? Should an advocate dec

Tough times - different actions

After a trip to the financial capital of India, Mumbai, I landed in the flashy city of Delhi. Of many people that I met and talked to in Mumbai, the discussion hovered around the difficulty faced by people in stock market, economic issues, tough times, tightening the belt, lay offs (declared and not declared), sectoral impact etc etc. In a nutshell "get into the shell for safety". Then I met Rajan S, a dear friend. I knew that he has lost a good more than 50% of his investments in stock market and was expecting a similar response that I witnessed in Mumbai. I was all set to ensure that I remain as balanced as possible. "Hi, welcome to my newly decorated home" he exclaimed. "I went and bought two easy chairs, 5 decorative pieces, 5 pairs of trousers for myself along with 5 shirts, kids wardrobe has been replenished, wifey has bought some sarees and suits and not to talk of new curtains; all in the last fortnight" he went non stop "there are such great

Irresponsible youngsters?

One of the common references made by people of upper youth (40+, a la upper ground floor) for kids (25 years old) is that they are short of hard work and irresponsible. Is it perception or is it a reality? End of the day reality is nothing but a perception seen with coloured glasses. Today's youth is in fact far more responsible than ever before. The key difference, as I see it, is about the attitude to life and living a full life. Unlike earlier times, where opportunities, resources and exposure were low, the time was largely spent in office/college and at home. Look at options today and the affordability quotient. Today's youth want all that without compromising on the content of each of the part played in life. Work hard is turning to work smart. Party hard is turning to party and network smat and so on. Professionals would have had limited ambitions a couple of decades ago. Dream would be to be a GM or at best a VP before retirement. Todays young want to be there by mid thi